Baffled. Everything looks right but why isn't the TUIO library being found?

Hello. It's my first post here and first time working with external libraries - I'm baffled. I'm trying to get Processing to receive TUIO messages but can't seem to get the TUIO library recognised. I've been through TUIO.org and forum posts which suggest that what I am doing is the right thing. Please see pictures below of the file structure and sketchbook location. I've tried on mac and PC but always get the same result when I test using the demo sketch that comes with the TUIO package. I hope someone here can point out what I'm doing wrong or suggest things I could try? processing-error-tuio processing-library

Tagged:

Answers

• Have you actually added the library to the sketch?

• Hi, yes - well I think so. I haven't actually written my sketch yet. I'm just using the demo sketch that ships with the TUIO package to test everything works first, but it has the code to import the library. Do I need to do something else?

// import the TUIO library
    import TUIO.*;
    // declare a TuioProcessing client
    TuioProcessing tuioClient;

• Try going to Sketch > Add Library > then choosing the TUIO library.

I believe that adding the library into that directory simply makes it available in this menu. You still have to add the library to each sketch you want it to be included in by using this menu.

• Thanks, I had a look but it's not visible in the list of libraries to add.

• I feel like I'm missing something obvious (like the 'on' button) but have been through from start to finish so many times I can't see what it is.

• Answer ✓

You might try googling something like "processing add library" for a more detailed explanation, but here is the official guide: https://github.com/processing/processing/wiki/How-to-Install-a-Contributed-Library

• OK - so you know I said I was missing something obvious like the 'on' button - well I hadn't restarted the application after installing the library. I'd been closing the windows but hadn't actually quit Processing. Seems to be working now. Thanks for your help Kevin