New mobile-friendly online editor for Processing: Sketch.World

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a project I've been working on for the past several months as part of my senior thesis: Sketch.World.

It uses the ace code editor, so the editing experience is pretty nice. However, the real promise of the project is in its mobile friendliness. I've been using Processing to teach middle school kids around my college how to program for the past three years, and I thought it would be a boon if they could play these sketches on their phones to show them off to friends. All the kids in this school were given Chromebooks, so a web-app seemed a natural choice for the editor.

Give it a shot and let me know what you think!!

Best, Julien

Comments

• edited May 2015

Very nice indeed! A good web replacement for JS Mode! =D>
    I noticed that even though it uses pjs, the editor itself seems to have been written in p5*js, was it?

• Thanks! The editor is ace editor, which is written in pure javascript. The rest of my application is also written in javascript, using angular.js.

• Also, I do plan on offering a p5.js mode in the future, so stay tuned!

• Oh, it is pure JS after all! I thought it coulda been p5.js b/c it's also loaded in your site.
    Since the editor was clearly using pjs framework, I thought perhaps p5*js was the editor itself!