3d ball in 2d neighbourhood

edited April 2015 in Library Questions

So I am new to processing , and I want to create a video showing a 2D neighbourhood, with the output as a 30 sec video of . A 3d ball is rolling accross the 2d house neighborhood, towards the end of the program the 3d ball enters the last 2d home

Answers

• Can anyone please guide me through . Thanx

• Which part of this is giving you trouble? Break your goal down into a bunch of smaller steps, then attempt each step one at a time. Can you display the 2D neighborhood? Then can you create a separate sketch that shows a 3D ball? Only start combining things when you have each working separately. And when you get stuck on a specific step, post an MCVE here and we'll go from there.

• No one has any idea what it is you're trying to do. Your description is not helpful. Maybe you can draw some mock-up images for us? Or perhaps show us the code you already have?

• Okay , I am breaking my query into steps as Kevin said. I want to create an animation of rolling ball (3D) I am not an artist but I have programmed before , I found processing interesting, So please forgive me if my queries aren't clear. Thanks :)

• Ok. Pretend it's rolling.

void setup(){
      size(220,220,P3D);
      noStroke();
      fill(128);
    }

void draw(){
      background(0);
      pushMatrix();
      translate(110,110,0);
      scale(40);
      lights();
      popMatrix();
      translate(map(millis()%10000,0,10000,-60,280),110,0);
      scale(30);
      sphere(1);
    }

• renamed discussion.

please try and use descriptive subjects in future.

• you could just use an image for the 2D houses

http://cliparts.co/cliparts/8ix/Kb4/8ixKb4rrT.jpg

display it as the background using background()

then just use TfGuy44s code upon it

;-)