Processing Communicate with Flash

Hi,

How do I make the Processing control function in Flash? For example, if I press something in Processing, then Flash will execute something.

I test out Processing application communicate with Flash application based on this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23202572/adobe-air-desktop-application-communicate-with-processing-application

Regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• Did you try the OSC solution in the Stackoverflow post? Did it work for you? What worked, what didn't work? Do you have a current MCVE code example?

• I did tried out the OSC solution and Processing and Flash was able to communicate. But what it did was just sending message to the console. What I was trying to achieve was to make Flash execute a certain function on the timeline when Processing calls. Is that possible?

• But what it did was just sending message to the console.

If Processing is sending a message, and Flash is receiving it, and Flash is printing something to the console, then you should be 90% of the way there!

What is left sounds like a Flash programming problem. You should share your specific code with Flash programmers for advice on how to act on the OSC message instead of just printing it out.

• Thanks a lot. :)

• If you are worried about the Processing signal sending end, don't forget to post an example MCVE of your code here for feedback. Good luck!