Processing 3 nested inside JavaFX

Hello,

I have a probem with nesting Processing inside JavaFX. I've got a heavy-GUI application which I would not like to rewrite in Swing neither split into parts and add to sketch itself. Reading the forum I was able to find out how to extract sketch canvas and put it inside JPanel:

public void initialize(SwingNode swingNode) {
        this.swingNode = swingNode;

PSurface pSurface = this.initSurface();
        pSurface.setSize(640, 360);
        PSurfaceAWT.SmoothCanvas smoothCanvas = (PSurfaceAWT.SmoothCanvas) pSurface.getNative();

JPanel panel = new JPanel();
        panel.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
        panel.add(smoothCanvas, BorderLayout.CENTER);
        panel.setSize(640, 360);

swingNode.setContent(panel);

pSurface.startThread();
    }

@Override
    public void settings() {
        size(640, 360);
    }

@Override
    public void setup() {
        background(0);
    }

@Override
    public void draw() {
        background(0);
        stroke(255);
        ellipse(56, 46, 55, 55);
    }

The problem is that when I put the JPanel on the SwingNode - JPanel does not render or an exception is thrown:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (0) cannot be <= 0 at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.<init>(SunVolatileImage.java:74) at sun.java2d.pipe.hw.AccelTypedVolatileImage.<init>(AccelTypedVolatileImage.java:56) at sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsConfig.createCompatibleVolatileImage(D3DGraphicsConfig.java:295) at sun.awt.windows.TranslucentWindowPainter$VIWindowPainter.getBackBuffer(TranslucentWindowPainter.java:266) at sun.awt.windows.WWindowPeer.getTranslucentGraphics(WWindowPeer.java:627) at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.getGraphics(WComponentPeer.java:582) at sun.java2d.d3d.D3DGraphicsConfig.flip(D3DGraphicsConfig.java:194) at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.flip(WComponentPeer.java:1011) at java.awt.Component$FlipBufferStrategy.flip(Component.java:4087) at java.awt.Component$FlipBufferStrategy.show(Component.java:4213) at processing.awt.PSurfaceAWT.render(PSurfaceAWT.java:305) at processing.awt.PSurfaceAWT$12.callDraw(PSurfaceAWT.java:1558) at processing.core.PSurfaceNone$AnimationThread.run(PSurfaceNone.java:316)

Has someone managed to successfully embed the sketch inside JavaFX GUI?

Tagged: