GUI Builder error on start

edited March 2015 in Library Questions

Hello, I don't understand why when I start GUI Builder, I can create the gui.pde tab, I restart processing to get the tab appear on the sketch, then when I want to start GUI Builder from tools menu, It says "An error occurred inside Gui Builder" and with the following log :

===================================================

G4PTool V2.5 created by Peter Lager

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.apple.laf.AquaTreeUI at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1354) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1990) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1915) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1798) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370) at javax.swing.ActionMap.readObject(ActionMap.java:222) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:1017) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1893) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1798) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1990) at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadObject(ObjectInputStream.java:500) at javax.swing.JComponent.readObject(JComponent.java:5487) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Thanks for help

Tagged:

Answers

• I have deleted a lot of the log because it starts to repeat itself, it doesn't help me much and I hate scrolling. ;)

Which version of Processing are you using?

• Hello,

It happens on Processing 3.0a5, 3.0a4, and 2.2.1...

• The first launch of GUI Builder works, but then I save, quit and restart Processing and the error happens

• Oh, and I work on Mac OS X (Yosemite 10.10.2)

• I know there are problems using GUI Builder with Processing V3 alpha releases and I will attempt to resolve the issues when Processing 3 gets out of the testing phase and released.

I have tested GUI Builder using Processing 2.2.1 on OSX 10.9.5 and it works fine (save / close / open / restart GUI Builder).

It could be an Apple <> Java thing because the first list is talking about

com.apple.laf.AquaTreeUI

Did it work before upgrading to Yosemite?

• I haven't test it before upgrading to Yosemite, sorry. But it's exactly the same error like this one : http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/gui-builder-doesn-t-start-but-works-with-a-new-sketch.html

• Same error message and possibly the same cause but unfortunately there was no definitive solution in that old post.

You can still get problems if you attempt to edit a GUI design created with an earlier version of GUI Builder. If you haven't upgraded GUI Builder recently I have no idea what is causing the error.

Unfortunately since I can't reproduce the problem I can't work on a solution. :(

• Ok, too bad. I'll try on a windows machine and see if it happens too

• Finally, it works on Windows 7 with Processing 3.0a5... No luck with the Mac version

• Thanks for letting us know. Must be a Mac <> Java thing then.

• It seems to be an error when writing the java file signature for the gui or something like that