Does Processing Understand Java Code?

So, I am wanting to build an application with interactive graphics, but I am wanting to do stuff that requires creating a score and saving that score. Basically, I am probably going to need to write some plain Java code. So, I am wondering, anything I can write in Java, can I also write in Processing? After all, Processing is Java in the end right?

Tagged:

Comments

• As long it doesn't get in conflict w/ Processing's usage of Swing/AWT, it's OK. :-\"

• For the most part: yes, you can write Java code inside a Processing sketch. Try it and see what happens.

One thing to keep in mind is that relying on Java code will prevent you from deploying as JavaScript, if that's something you'll want to do in the future.

• Hey, I should probably search other conversations, but I'll go ahead and ask in case anyone has an answer, I just installed proclipsing. However, when I try to run the program it says:

"Native code library failed to load. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no LeapJava in java.library.path"

The line of code that is failing is: "import de.voidplus.leapmotion.LeapMotion;"

Have any of you encountered this?

• I guess I should clarify that I am trying to use Leap Motion with my program. LeapJava is the jar file. I don't understand how it is not seeing it.

• Have you set up the build path correctly?