bRigid library - how to manually create terrain/landscape with rigid physics?

edited November 2013 in Library Questions

hi everybody, i would like to create a landscape with basic rigid body physics. i found the class BTerrain in the bRigid library which is doing exactly what i need in terms of physics.

but the class gives me only little influence on how the terrain looks. if i get it right the terrain can only be created automatically by random. but i would like to set the vertices by hand.

am i missing something? is this really not possible?

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

When talking about an uncommon library, it is better to give a link to it. Brigid seems to be a common enough name to require adding some other criteria to refine the search and find bRigid...

Out of curiosity, I searched this library, then installed it. Looks nice.

Indeed, BTerrain auto-generates a terrain from a few parameters. It lacks the flexibility you want. But its source is available and seems simple (or, at least, short!). The tshape() method creates the terrain using a noise function. Perhaps you can take inspiration and make your own class using points from your own data (heightmap or other).

• thanks for that. totally forgot to look into the source files. looks simple enough to do my own version. still a bit strange that bterrain only offers auto-creation. maybe it's meant just as an example and not as a real library-part.

the whole brigid library looks pretty promising. physiscs in 3d. nice. there is another library of the same guy that looks pretty interesting: http://www.lab-eds.org/punktiert

• edited November 2013

I had a workshop for punktiert library. It is really cool:) Happy moments. suckerpunchdaily