TUIO Library - Blob functions don't seem to work.

Hi guys,

I'm experimenting with the TUIO Library for Arduino. I've read the documentation and looked at the demo applications. Until now everything seemed to work fine. However, now I ran into a problem I can't quite place.

The TUIO library itself supports Cursors, Objects and Blobs. The first two I can use without problems, although I can't get the Blobs to work.

The callback functions don't do anything. The standard implementation is:

// called when a blob is added to the scene
void addTuioBlob(TuioBlob tblb) {
  println("add blb "+tblb.getBlobID()+" ("+tblb.getSessionID()+") "+tblb.getX()+" "+tblb.getY()+" "+tblb.getAngle()+" "+tblb.getWidth()+" "+tblb.getHeight()+" "+tblb.getArea());
}

// called when a blob is moved
void updateTuioBlob (TuioBlob tblb) {
  println("set blb "+tblb.getBlobID()+" ("+tblb.getSessionID()+") "+tblb.getX()+" "+tblb.getY()+" "+tblb.getAngle()+" "+tblb.getWidth()+" "+tblb.getHeight()+" "+tblb.getArea()
          +" "+tblb.getMotionSpeed()+" "+tblb.getRotationSpeed()+" "+tblb.getMotionAccel()+" "+tblb.getRotationAccel());
}

// called when a blob is removed from the scene
void removeTuioBlob(TuioBlob tblb) {
  println("del blb "+tblb.getBlobID()+" ("+tblb.getSessionID()+")");
}

However, no matter how I try, I can not get any output from them. I tried with the TUIOPad on iOS and also TuioDroid on Android. Everything works fine, except the blobs. I also couldn't find an example anywhere on how to use them. From the example functions I can see the functions and the attributes, that are available, but the functions are never triggered. This documentation doesn't even list the blob-Objects.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, SirThanskalot

Tagged:

Answers

• edited October 2015

Hello!, did you find a solution to this? if you did could you share since im in the same situation :(