myFont = createFont("Verdana", 48, true); gives error 'Cannot find anything named "MyFont".

edited December 2014 in Questions about Code

Working on card game program using object and a separate class. Using this to call for a font that is later used in the following. Keep getting an error 'Cannot find anything named "MyFont". Obviously entire program not shown.

This worked in a previous program and did not have to use Tools to insert a font. Tried that and did not work. Am new at this, but don't understand why this isn't working this time.

background(0);

textFont(myFont);

text(leftPoint, 75, 50);

text(rightPoint, 515, 50);

rect(200, 400, 200, 100);

for (int i=0; i<20; i++)

{

myCard[i].display();  //display cards on the screen
  }

if (leftDeck>19)  //CHANGE means went throug all the cards

{

if (leftPoint > rightPoint)

{

text("Left Wins!", 250, 350);
    } else if (leftPoint<rightPoint)

{

text("Right Wins!", 250, 350);
    } else

{

text("you TIED!!!!", 250, 350);
    }
  }
}

Answers

• PFont myFont = createFont(...

Be sure to use myFont, not MyFont or Myfont or mYfOnT.

• Thank you, will check!

• only 2 places for the code and I showed the exact copy of the 'createfont' and it's use in the program. I can post the code if you would take a look. Thanks!

• size(400,400);
    PFont myFont = createFont("Verdana", 48, true);
    background(0);
    textFont(myFont);
    text("FONTS",100,200);

• Answer ✓

We don't see where myFont is declared, where it is initialized, only where it is used, ie. you just show us the code where you have no problem... Hard to help.

• edited December 2014

Okay, was staaaaaring too hard at what I did. went back prior to the background section

PFont myFont;

your answer would work as well - which I found once I got some sleep. Thanks!

Have been away with family situations!

• If only 1 PFont is gonna be used across whole sketch, there's no need to keep a variable for it: *-:)
    textFont( createFont("Verdana", 48, true) );