HE Mesh - flatten bottom side of a mesh?

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to solve this.

I'm constructing a grid of points in HE Mesh, altering the z of each point with some perlin noise. I then duplicate that mesh, flip it, extrude the original mesh and fuse the two together to get the final solid manifold mesh in the image below.

Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 18.05.25

What I'm trying to figure out is creating the mesh so it has a flat bottom; so it's undulating on top but the base is flat. I've been thinking about trying somehow to select the bottom faces and then manipulating the vertices to be flat but I can't find a way to select just the bottom faces. Maybe there's a far easier way than how I'm attempting to do it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

The code I have so far (without the flattening attempts) is here: http://pastebin.com/mtJtmLv4

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

I can't run your code because it has an unlekker library dependency and - with those lines removed - leads to an NPE and seems to written in a different version of Hemesh than mine. However, besides all that, I suggest looking at the HEM_Slice modifier. With that you can just create a plane and slice everything off your mesh below the plane.

• Thanks amnon. I think my version of HE Mesh is older. I'll check out the slide function.

Cheers.