the latest kinect for windows on mac with processing?

edited October 2013 in Kinect

Has anyone done this successfully on Mac? I followed http://decyborg.wordpress.com/2013/01/19/kinect-on-os-x-10-8-and-processing/

and realized that kinect for Window will NOT do this. :( I then tried to use VMware, but it will not work there either. It seems my only option at this moment is to 1. get a old kinect for xbox or 2. get a window system (but this is not ideal since I plan to use my mad mapper eventually with interactivity and processing. Unless someone else has another suggestion.

With above tutorial, I was able to run the hand wave for about 30 sec, then there is an error. When I googled, there were people with same issue when using the Kinect for Windows. The VMware option does not work with the new kinect SDK. Maybe I should try harder and keep it but I really don't like windows on mac- I can see that there will be many headaches ahead with different projects.

Comments

• If you do get this working, please let me know. I would love to try some Kinetic development!

• hi there, I opted to use the kinect for xbox- I recommend getting this now as it is already discontinued. The thing works pretty much out of the box. However, it still seem to need mac hack to do more complex things. This is my Summer project along with over view of processing once more, embed processing.js on wordpress, and going on to C++