No Android Mode

edited November 2014 in Android Mode

Hello

i'm new one to this stuff... i have to make some visual art to mobile as a project for my degree and i choose processing for doing that... i have already installed java i have also installed eclipse with android sdk (for other projects) so i dont have to install again android sdk (i suppose) now i just installed only processing ide but when i go to add mode there's no android mode to be installed...

any help?

thanks in advanced..

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Dear Cray,

It seems to me, your work is blocked in the same way as my:

can not see "Android" in "Add Mode"< ... posted last friday.

Are you editing your code with sketch-editor?

BR Bernd

• hello sir

i've done the steps in your topic but i still dont see the android mode even if putting the whole file in the subfolder /modes

• Dear Cray,

If not already solved, pls make a screen dump and show with a reply.

BR

Bernd

• Guys, it looks like I have the same problem, not seeing the "Android" mode in the mode drop down at all. I already tried the 64 versions of Processing 2 and Processing 3 as well as the 32 version of Processing 2, without any difference, the Android mode is just not shown.

hope that makes sense to anybody and you can guide me into the right direction...

cheers, Armin

• Hi, I'm new too but I had the same problem using 64bit 2.2.1 (Android Mode didn't appear). I just switched to 64bit version 3.0a4 and it's there now :)

• I have the exact same problem. Android Mode simply doesn't appear... I've installed all the required Android SDKs, Google plugins, Processing downloads, etc. I'm using Windows 8.1, 64bit version 3.0a4 and it simply does not appear.

Cray, you mention you have access to the Android Mode folder. I've been searching for a direct download for the Android Mode folder for a very long time. Would you mind if you shared it?

• The fix on Windows is to install pre-release 3.0a4.

• After installing pre-release 3.0a4, you get "Could not find a mode in the downloaded file." in Mode Manager.

I believe that Processing is great and deserves some atention to solve this issue ASAP.

Maybe some clear install instructions could be fine.

:-q