Facebook API tutorials

edited October 2013 in How To...

Hi guys, somebody knows about some good tutorials to work with facebook API in processing? (example sketches are very welcome). I have found several goods twitter API examples, but not with facebook API..:(

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• I've been trying to use an facebook API. The best I could find goes with the name of RestFB API. It's really simple to use and you can find several examples of it. The only thing that it's hard to do is to enable a login, as you need to give permissions to your app via web browser. I couldn't manage to embed one in processing, the solution I found was to create a communication via socket between my processing app and my webpage.

• edited October 2013

Hi Guys,

the facebook4j library is great for connecting to Facebook. it works pretty much the same as the twitter4j library.

Unfortunately if you want to use them together it's a bit tricky, because they use the same class names, but are different enough that they don't seem to allow using the same objects for both.

Otherwise it works pretty nicely, and uses the oauth system that facebook now requires.

hope this helps, ak

• Thanks guys!! I'm going to check it out your suggestions and I will give you the feedback;) Many thanks again!