boxwrap2d VS Pbox2d

edited October 2013 in Library Questions

Hi folks, Im getting start with processing, and I'm experimenting with physics engines... I have some examples with boxwrap2d, and I have just download another example which is working with pbox2d library. Both libraries are under my processing(2.0.3)->modes->java->libraries. The problem is that now, when I run any sketch using any of them(never both at same time), I'm getting a error message "more than one library is competing for this sketch, -boxwrap2d (part of processing) -pbox2d (part of processing)

I don't understand why I can't have these different libraries under the same processing library folder.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Answers

• edited October 2013

They both probably contain a JBox2D jar, but unfortunately also probably a different version. Processing can't cope with two versions of the same library (jar). If they supported the same version it might be possible to create a standalone JBox2D library, then you could remove the jar from both the libraries and it might work (you would have of course need to include your standalone library in your sketches).

• Yes! this is the reason monkstone. I will rename temporally the boxwrap2d library to work meanwhile with pbox2d, because I think that is documented better than boxwrap.

Thanks again!