Past forum posts / ZoHo account

edited October 2013 in General

I am just curious if the past forum posts will be migrated. I had to create a new account here since my ZoHo account didnt transfer (unless their is a process to migrate over?)

Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2013

The posts from the last forum won't be migrated, but they will be archived as follows:

forum.processing.org/alpha // Processing Alpha Forum, YaBB
    forum.processing.org/beta // Processing Beta Forum, YaBB
    forum.processing.org/one // Processing 1.0 Forum, Zoho

The current static archive for the 1.0 forum (ZoHo) has a few bugs and isn't entirely up to date. We'll be running the archive script again now that the forum is locked.

We made the decision to not migrate user accounts.

• Congratulations (sort of...), you are the first off-topic message I have to move! :(

Don't keep the default section when you create a new message, think about where it belongs: we created lot of categories, it is to allow precise placement of questions in the right place...

Using Processing is about using the language, not about using the site's forum! ;)

• Thanks for correctly placing the topic. I'm sure it was valued info on people's minds, regardless. Using the forum is part of using the language for me ;)

• The /one forum isn't functional yet, probably something fjen is working on. For example, I followed the above link, clicked on Contributed Libraries, then on a random thread link, and got an error on the following URL: http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/exporting-as-animated-gif-ugly.html.html.html.html Yes, there are 4 html suffixes...

• Don't worry ... still working on it.

• Hey, the old forum is just uploading. It's quite huge, so it will take some time to finish.

Most topics should already be there, so Google results should be redirected correctly now.

• Old forum is uploaded. Found a problem with the URLs in posts, will fix when there is time for it ..