exporting the sketch and uploading to a webpage

edited March 2014 in Using Processing

hello i am new to processing and i am following Daniel Shiffman's book "processing" he asks to click the Export in FILE->EXPORT and it will generate .java .html file of the animation made in the book he uses an older version of the processing language . i am ussing the latest version of processing and when i click export it generates the whole new 90mb script which is hard to understand for a starter like me.. it has java its libraries and many more files.. can anyone break it down for me and explain what the whole generation of files and folder means. and how do i use my work to post it on my blog i dont want to post the image of it i want the java code to be posted so that the browser picks up the code and generates the image according to the code i have written.

Answers

• The newest version of Processing only exports applications for the current system, and it exports it as multiple files.

If you want to export as a single file that works on every system, I wrote a tool that does just that: http://StaticVoidGames.com/SvgExe/

You could also try working in javascript mode, but that isn't an option if you're using Java libraries.

• edited March 2014

Or you can simply export it w/ Processing v2.0.3 or even Processing v1.5.1! :ar!

• @goloop thanks man thats a good advice.. i can switch back to the old versions of processing.

@kevinWorkman buddy i am glad that you have provided me a tool to extract what i need but i wanna know how it works.. as i said i am new to processing and programming i have little idea on how it works..

here is the image i have taken and this is code.. could you explain me wat each thing does?

rectangle rectangle2

• I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how the code works? Are you asking how the code is converted to Java code? Are you asking how Java code is run? Are you asking how the tool I posted works? Something else?