Processing 2.x and Mac OS X 10.6.8

I saw on the Processing wiki that the minimum Mac OS version for Processing 2.0 is 10.6.8. I have tryed all versions beyond 2.0 and none of those worked.

When I try to run a sketch, they don't. No warning, no errors. The Play button simply remains as it was pressed but nothing happens. I tryed several different sketch including the examples that ships with Processing.

Is there some tweaks I could make? Is it supposed to work? Any one else with the same issue? Any one with the 10.6.8 using 2.0 normaly?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

Please check the Troubleshooting Wiki page: http://wiki.processing.org/w/Troubleshooting

• Answer ✓

I have used Processing 2.0.3 with OSX 10.6.8 with no problems at all on my iMac and Macbook. So my answers are

Is it supposed to work? Yes

Any one with the 10.6.8 using 2.0 normally? Yes

Unfortunately I don't know the answers regarding tweaks or about others with the same problem.

Just noticed REAS's suggestion to look at the trouble shooting guide - that's a good place to start solving your problem.

• Thanks for the answers! I didn't have time to check the trouble shooting. I will post the results as soon as I test them.

• No success so far. I've tryed looking at the Mac OS Console, but no java/processing message was thrown. Tryed renaming, moving folder, reinstalling and nothing works. The only thing that worked was downgrading to 1.5

I tryed runnig a simple "println('hi')" and no output was given.

Anything else i can do to diagonose this problem? I'm really starting to get worried as the gap between 1.5 and 2.0 increases... =/

• Often the problem comes from installed tools or such. Some people had success in removing the tools folder from the sketchbook, or deleting (moving elsewhere for backup) the folder where the preferences.txt file can be found.

A bit radical, but kind of reset Processing to an original state.