"I hope I'm not too late" draft proposal and introduction

edited March 2018 in Summer of Code 2018

Hi all,

My name is Sithe and I'm a 3rd year Computer Science and Mathematics student from Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. I saw some of Daniel Shiffman's Coding Train tutorials a while ago aaaaand I'm hooked. Really exciting videos :)

It took me a while to look into organisations for GSoC but I really feel like The Processing Foundation is something I would love to be a part of. I hope I'm not too late to get a draft proposal in for review. This is my first GSoC and I'm interested in helping improve the experience for first time users for PDE.

I would really appreciate it if someone could review my draft proposal and give me some feedback before I submit it. Here is the link to the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pLPP4q0w6z4zaAeGs_Q5uRZirgCPE5AvUsG1az-He4M/edit?usp=sharing

Also, is it alright to submit multiple proposals to the same organisation? Would you advise for or against that?

Thank you so much for your time

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @Sithe—yes, it is okay to submit multiple proposals! I submitted two for last year. I'm not the mentor for this project, but I took a quick look at the proposal and left one minor note in the doc.

• Thanks for the feedback @kjhollen. I'm currently working on my second proposal :)

• Hello @Sithe! Thank you for your thoughtful proposal! If you have time, adding some "wireframe" style design sketches re: your vision for the welcome experience might be helpful. Also, including links to any projects you've developed especially using Processing or Java.