Processing 1.5 will no longer open on my computer and P3 won't run Generative Gestaltung code

edited March 2018 in Using Processing

Hello! I used to bypass the issues associated with the Generative Gestaltung code packages by running v 1.5, but i haven't tried in a while and it will no longer open on my computer. I installed the latest Processing 3 and when I try to run a tool from the package, it highlights the line "controlP5.group("menu"). isOpen()) {

And then below in the error message area, it says "The function group(String) does not exist." and lists a bunch of other things that do not exist. It worked fine on 1.5

Any ideas? Much appreciated!

Answers

• When running P3 for the 1st time, it should ask you about the new sketchbook path. L-)

If you failed to provide 1 diff. than the 1 being used by P1 or P2, you just corrupted the 3rd-party libraries of both Processing versions! :-O

Once you define P3's own sketchbook path, you're gonna have to erase both versions' subfolder "library/". =;

Then reinstall P1's 3rd-party libraries. Once done, do the same for P3. #:-S