Processing/Adobe Illustrator thread

edited January 2018 in Share Your Work

At the moment I'm learning Processing and Illustrator and they're going well! I saw a lot of possibilities to integrate them and more are becoming clearer as I learn more about these tools.

I'm really interested to see what other people have done with this integration, so I enthusiastically invite you to share some of your work! I thought others might like this sort of thread as well. To be clear I myself don't have anything to share at this moment, so I recognize that this post in its current form might be removed — sensible. Hoping to change this circumstance quickly though...

Really looking forward to it!

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2018

Please say more about what you mean by "integrate them": What are examples of the kinds of workflows or processes that you have in mind?

• I'm not sure how the two could be used on the same project aside from exporting vector PDFs from Processing to work with in Illustrator really. So kind of anything I think! As long as it involves at least Processing and Illustrator. Can involve other software too. Totally broad at this point. I don't have any idea as to what there even is to look for.

• Ah! SVG, for example. You can edit SVGs and import them as PShapes.

• Cool!! Aaaaa that'll be awesome.

I'm also a composer and I sometimes work with kinds of scores that could really benefit from being able to easily apply Processing + Illustrator content. Heard there's a notation software that supports content cut-and-pasted from Illustrator artboards, NoteAbility. Need to learn that too...

Have you ever worked with Processing and Illustrator in conjunction? I'd love to hear about it, if so!

Thanks for the direction too!!! Hope to try that out very soon.

• I haven't worked with Illustrator + Processing a lot, no. Maybe another forum member will share some experiences....