How can i do colour tracking bcause its frequency changes when it goes in shadow.

I have specified a specific color to trace but when i put that color tap on my finger and changes the position of finger when it goes in shadow i.e its frequency changes and it doesn't trace the same color that specified. Please help.

Tagged:

Answers

• edited November 2017

"Please solve computer vision."

If we could, we would.

I suggest you try looking for more than a specific color. Maybe look for a range of colors that are close to the specified color. Maybe check slightly lighter and darker shades of that color. maybe check slightly different hues and shades. Maybe look for the color in the image that is the closest to the specified color. Spend some time thinking about what "closest" means in the previous sentence.

• For more feedback, share a concrete example of the kind of image you are dealing with, the kind of shadow color changes that are occuring, and what you are attempting to do.

Are you trying to follow a red ball as a marker, even when the ball is in shadow? Are you trying to track different colored cars on traffic cameras? Etc.

• edited November 2017

What I always do in those cases:

Make a PGraphic, same size as window

Draw exactly the same stuff in it

But without any lights and shadows

Do the mouse check on the PGraphics where the colors are fixed

Example

Look at user tiwi discussion

https://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/25173/how-to-make-spheres-stay-green#latest

• I am tracking three color Red, blue and green, Also i have specified that to track only these colors. I am making hand gesture on attaching these colors in my finger but when i make such a gesture when frequency changes a little it can't able to recognize that color. Please suggest answer.

• I suggest you read tfguy's first answer.

Don't check for a single colour, check for a range.