How to display accents ?

edited November 2017 in Library Questions

Hi ! I have created a small soft to chat on a local network and every time someone type an accented letter, it doesn't display and I have this error :

example

As my soft is for french users, we do need those letters : é è ç à But I cannot find a way to display them. My text messages are created with Controlp5, do I need to change a parameter on the character encoding ?

If you have the solution, please help me !

Have a good day,

Answers

• By the way, here is the code to retrieve and save a message :

void oscEvent(OscMessage theOscMessage) {

message_received = theOscMessage.addrPattern();
         command = message_received.charAt(0);
           if(etalon != command){
             print(message_received);
             store_messages();
             received = true;
             analyse_notifications();
         } else {
            command_analyser();
         }
        }

• You need a font that supports those letters.
    Go and read about PFont (search the Processing website), make a font and check that you've selected all the different character sets you want when you make it. Then load it, use it and done.

• I did try to write with it on word, and it works ! So the font include those letters for sure

• Answer ✓

It will help to see how you define your font in Processing. I would recommend you provide an MCVE: https://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve

Kf

• Okay, i found out a way to get rid of that error, I'm changing the character into the string before saving the received text message. I haven't done a MCVE cuase I hadn't the time. So if you are in trouble with tha accented letters try to do that :

message_received=message_received.replaceAll("\uFFE9","é"); message_received=message_received.replaceAll("\uFFE8","è"); message_received=message_received.replaceAll("\uFFE0","à"); message_received=message_received.replaceAll("\uFFE7","ç");