How to use web camera and microphone function in Windows????

I know minim function can download the zip from official website and rename it to minim and move to Processing System

but how about web camera ??? i noticed something like Quicktime for Java and VDIG driver(Only PC need or both PC and Notebook???)

Answers

• Only PC required installation of VDIG and Quick time. If you are using mac then see this Link

• i know i want to run my code on PC but i don't know how to install and configure, By the way can you give me the address for VDIG Downloading???It's really hard to find i found. thanks!

• I am a newcomer on Processing. I am working on PC Windows-Vista. When I run "AsciiVideo" exemple I get an error : > 0Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000-WDM: Problem connecting Video Output to QuickTime

I have check I have the last QuickTime Version and I have loaded the WinVDIG_105.exe software. I am using the 1.5.1 version of Processing.

Thanks

• edited January 2014 Answer ✓

Here is the downloading link for WINVDIG download but you also need quicktime along with this

• java.lang.RuntimeException:The requested resolution of 96x96 ,60/1fps is not support

Somebody know the error???

• edited January 2014

find out solution

import processing.video.*;
    Capture cam;

void setup() {
      size(640, 480);

String[] cameras = Capture.list();
      if (cameras.length == 0) {
        println("There are no cameras available for capture.");
        exit();
      } else {
        println("Available cameras:");
        for (int i = 0; i < cameras.length; i++) {
          println(cameras[i]);
        }

cam = new Capture(this, cameras[0]);
        cam.start();    
      }     
    }

void draw() {
      if (cam.available()) { cam.read(); }
      image(cam, 0, 0);
    }

and change the camera settings to the list show in terminal

• I have used the capture event function in order to get the camera image to appear from my web cam. I was wondering if there was a way to get the sound? I would like to have a video and audio playback and currently I have only been able to get the video playback using the capture event function.