PostFX library not working, error: InvalidPathException: Illegal char

edited June 2017 in Library Questions

There is an error in running the example codes of PostFX library, the error is: InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> Please help me how to resolve this???????

Tagged:

Answers

• What path are you using?

The : looks like a Windows path thing

• And which examples specifically.

Links would be nice.

• processing1

All examples are not running, BrightPass, sobelPass, BloomPass, BlurPass, and other are showing error.

• All examples are not running, BrightPass, sobelPass, BloomPass, BlurPass, and other are showing error.

does not compute.

i've just installed it (1.1) and i only get these examples:

https://github.com/cansik/processing-postfx/tree/master/examples

• (all of which work fine)

• AdvancedEffect, CustomShaderEffect, OffScreenEffect, ReadMeRendering, and SimpleEffect are not running. These examples contains "Pass" that are showing error message:

C:\Documents\Processing\libraries\PostFX\src\main\java\ch\bildspur\postfx\pass

go to above path on your computer, you will find different "pass", all "pass" are showing error in above mentioned examples.

• I have moved the path of "my Documents" from "C;\" drive to "E:\" drive. Is this is the problem? If yes, why other library examples are working well. and what is the solution for the mentioned problem?

• go to above path on your computer

i'm on linux

• there's stuff in java/ch/bildspur/postfx/pass/BasePass.java which handles filenames. there is windows-specific code in there so you'd think it would work.

• I am tired. I have tried every version of processing. Also corrected the default path of "my documents" to C:. Please solve it............

• @first As @koogs already mentioned, there is special code which should run on windows. But I can not test it at the moment. It is an advanced version of the code, which is used by the opencv library for processing, and this lib runs on all systems.

The problem is that processing does not offer a method to get the path to your own library. So library developers have to use ugly hacks, like reading the path to the JAR file and from there jump to the right directory. I use this to find the shader files.

I will test it on Windows as soon as I have a system to test.

• @first I could try it out today on a windows, and you are right. There is a problem with the path. I will check it asap :) I opened an issue for it here:

https://github.com/cansik/processing-postfx/issues/25

• Answer ✓

@first I've added a fix for the path, but can not test it. Would be nice if somebody could test it on a windows machine:

PostFX_windowsfix.zip

Just copy the files into the existing library folder:

/sketchbook/libraries/PostFX/

• @cansik what should I do for the testing part? Should I just run the provided examples?

Kf

• SimpleEffect: I get some sort of warning: "OpenGL error 1282 at bot endDraw(): invalid operation" but it runs with no problems.

AdvancedEffect....good
    ReadMeRendering....good (Impressive)
    CustomShaderEffect...good
    OffScreenEfects....good

I had no problem running any of the provided sketches. Tested on Win10 64bit and P3.3.4 and using your provided zip file.

Kf

• @kfrajer Great! The 'OpenGL error 1282' is a known one, I'll work on it in the next major version. But it's nice to see, that the other sketches now run on windows too. I will release a new version today with the bugfix :) thank you for testing!

• Love you..........