Matlab: highlight an object in image?

I'm a new user and I'm not sure the right section.

Using matlab, I have to highlight in an object in an image.

I have an input image where there is a plate with a food. I need to produce an output image where only food is highlighted.

It does not matter that the food can be distinguished. It must be something very simple. Whatever is fine (for example, making a red frame around the food; or treating the food as a all white foreground and the rest as a whole all black background; or just a black image with the edges of the food colored in white ... etc. )

That's my reasoning: I thought that first of all, it might be useful to convert the black and white image (0-255). Then run a pixel edge control technique and the pixel intensity control technique to recognize the dish; Next, the elements in the dish, recognized as in the foreground, are labeled with value 1. Next, I create a matrix of the same size as the input image, with all values at zero. In this matrix, I'll put at 1 the values labeled before, in the same coordinates. In this way, the output image is a binary image where the food has a value of 1 and everything else has a value of 0. And I will only see the white pixels of the food.

Can someone help me to implement in matlab?

Answers