Problems on creating something similar to DVD Menu

Hello there,

I'm doing a college project and I'm very new at p5.js. I've never did programming stuff before so I'm doing this project step by step, but it's very difficult for me to understand javascript, css and html because I've never dealt with programming. I've been watching some tutorials on YouTube, mainly from Daniel Shiffman, and they are very helpful, but I didn't find anything who could help me here.

You can access the code on the link below: https://dropbox.com/s/zeqp29p4u0hibnx/sketch_19aprilForum.zip?dl=0

I'm working with "cases", like, if I click on an certain episode I'll have its questions and I have a return button on each menu. Although, on the first menu, if I press any title it shows me the questions from Episode 1... And even inside Episode 1's Questions, I'm not able to get each "finally" for each answer (I've been working with this word/text but in the end each answer will have an audio file). If I press one question it shows me each "finally" word.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you for your patience!

Best Regards!

Tagged:

Answers

• hi @unknownboypt, can you please post a simplified code snippet from the zip? it's difficult to debug a large project.

• edited April 2017

This is the most "simplified" form of it since I need everything from the code. I'm thinking that the problem may be related with the "cases" on the switch part, since I'm getting the same questions on each episode I click in the main menu. And then, on the Episode 1, I also get the same answer for each question.

(I'm not understanding how to post the code here, it gets always very confusing :/ )

• edited April 2017

But I'll try to simplify everything that I want:

I want to have a video running, each time I pause it I get the menu with each episode, from episode 1 until 8 plus a question option. I also tried to use mouseOver and mouseOut but I didn't find how, I wanted to change the color from blue to yellow each time the mouse was over the text. After choosing the Episode, I would get 2 question and a book, and after choosing I would get the answer on the screen plus an audio file that would play immediately after the answer popped-up. Each menu would also have a return button, so the user could return to the main menu. On the main menu if the user clicks outside the text, the original video would work again from the pause moment.