pcDuino GPIO

edited March 2017 in Raspberry PI

Hello,

I'm tryng to use Processing with pcDuino (linux + ARM platform) but path for GPIO configuration file is not good :

GPIO path for raspberry is :/sys/class/gpio/export

GPIO path for pcDuino is :/sys/devices/virtual/misc/gpio/export

So I logically got this error message :

Is there a way to get a coorected io library for pcDuino?

Thanks, regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• @gerard Sorry to hear that this isn't working with your board. Unfortunately there are so many SBCs out there that it is impossible to support all - that said: do you know whether the GPIOs don't show up under the same path as under the Pi? Which kernel is your board using?

• edited March 2017

Hello gohai,

that's exactly what I mean : the GPIOs don't show up under the same path as under the Pi.

Under pcDuino :

ubuntu@ubuntu:/sys/devices/virtual/misc/gpio$ ls dev mode pin subsystem uevent

Under Pi :

pi@raspberrypi:/sys/class/gpio$ ls export gpiochip0 unexport

My OS informations :

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname -a Linux ubuntu 3.4.79+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 5 17:23:11 CST 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

• @gerald I understand that the paths are different, but I don't understand why the GPIOs wouldn't show up under /sys/class/gpio - which seems to be the canonical location (see documentation).

There are many different ARM boards out there, and it is impossible for Processing to support all of them. Since this seem to be a particular oddity of the pcDuino, which we aren't supporting anyhow, the current behavior will likely stay as-is.