How to create a audioinput generated line art?

KHAKHA
edited February 2017 in Programming Questions

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to learn Processing for the past few days as Im trying to create a interactive audio(Microphone) generated line art for my school final year project.

So, first the lines are randomly generated by audio and I want it to move from left to right slowly. The speed of the lines are not affected by audio, but when there is a audioinput, it will "disturb" the lines making it change its course by a bit while still moving to the right and more lines would be generated according to the input Volume.

I saw Daniel's perlin noise flow field video(managed to find the code for Processing) and also found processing files that are based on mouse movement mapping.

Please help me with this one, I don't have much time left with this project but I really want to use processing in it. Perlin noise is not a must if there is another possible way, it's just the closest thing I have found so far that I want.

I’m really a newbie in Processing and I have a deadline soon, I’ve been checking out many tutorials and have also coded myself but I just couldn’t solve those errors.

Do anyone have codes that gets similar results?

Do tell me if you need the codes that I have tried.

Thank You.

This is the kind of line waves I wanted (perlin noise flow field) but I don't know how to use a audioinput to make it interactive. Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.29.03 pm

Mouse mapping generated art. Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.32.12 pm

Generates circles when there is an audio input. Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 11.27.09 am