How to minimize an open application from within processing

edited January 2017 in How To...

I am trying desperately to find a way to close the onscreen Keyboard in Windows 10 (OSK.exe)... taskkill doesnt seem to work anymore (I tried every variant that google could find)... I get an "access denied" error. My second option is to find a way to at least minimize this window... is there a way to do this?

Answers

• edited January 2017

@fxmech -- Do you know of any way to close the target program using a script or shell command outside Processing? If so, you can run that closing script using launch().

Also, make sure this isn't a system permissions problem. If your Windows user lacks permissions to close the program or run scripts then there is nothing Processing can do, as the operating system won't permit you to end the process whether it is requested by Processing / Python / Ruby etc etc.

• I don't know of any way to do this... I am asking that same question outside of the processing forum (stackOverflow)... As for permissions, the permissions appear to be restricted by windows... the whole edit permissions window is grey'd out and uneditable. Im hoping to at least be allowed to minimize the window and get it out of the way when it isn't being used...