Pencil for Kid (new version)

edited February 2017 in Share Your Work

Another drawing program: :)

forum Download

Tagged:

Comments

• Excellent! I love the interface -- the selected pencil icons that pop up, the always-on loop, and the pencil size and screen wipes. Fun and easy to use.

One question -- you show it with a pop-over help menu for keyboard shortcuts, but there isn't anything in the interface (e.g. a button or a keyboard hint) to reveal that help menu ("?" "h" "esc" etc. don't work)

• Looks like a nice application. For some reason the application window is very small and I get this error message:

size() cannot be used here, see https...

The reference file was not helpful; perhaps I overlooked something. For whatever it is worth, I am using a high definition monitor. I tried cutting the window dimensions in half and that didn't make any difference.

• If I REM out size(1000,600) and add

if (frame != null) {
           surface.setResizable(true);
         }

then it works, and it is a very nice app. Thanks.

• @jeremydouglass : Thanks, but no help :( Only a pasted image. But it is simple to add ;)
    @svan : I have no problem with processing 3.2.3. Try fullscreen().

• I have no problem with processing 3.2.3. Try fullscreen().

I'm using Processing 3.2.3

Unfortunately, fullscreen() doesn't work either.

Google search reveals it could be a Processing problem. I'm running on a Mac (OS 10.12.1) with a 1920x1080 ultra HD monitor.

• edited February 2017

Hi all, new version with X,Y symmetry, Undo paint, fill with threshold, new bugs :), ecc.
    Help for @jeremydouglass B-)
    Click to download the code

forum
    There is a big version (65 colors) too, but you must modify the code (very simple).
    cameyo