Compiles and Displays really slowly, How do I make it faster?

So I'm pretty new to Processing and for my latest "venture" of sorts I need to display a simple text. I created a global PFont and in the setup I created my font as Arial, with 12 points. Then when I displayed my text in that function I use the font in, I called the font to use and then the colour for it and finally the text. But this code is taking too long to compile and it stops responding once I start it. Is there a better way to do it so that it's faster? And, if it helps, I'm very familiar with C++, so if I could do it in ways similar to that it is not a problem.

Answers

• @IdemoniVezelu=== can you put your code, because what you are explaining is very strange...

• edited December 2016

@akenaton this is it

PFont f;

void setup()
    {
      size(1000, 1000);
      background(0, 0, 0);
      f=createFont("Arial", 12, true);
    }

void start()
    {
     textFont(f);
     fill(255, 255, 255);
     textAlign(CENTER);
     text("Start Screen", width/2, 60);
    }

• I also tried using the tool to create the font and then load it, but once I run it the window just says "Not Responding"

• edited December 2016

what is 'start'?

i think it might be a reserved method, one that runs before setup. given that you are setting the font in setup() the one in start() will be null when you call it.

try renaming your method.

• @koogs is right run this sketch and you can see the start method is called first. so change the method name and call it from setup.

public void start(){
      println("START");
    }
    public void setup(){
      println("SETUP");
    }