Mode template

edited December 2013 in Create & Announce Modes

Is there a mode template somewhere or guidelines on how to create a mode. I would like to create a Scala mode, since there is no official one, I think it would be nice...

Tagged:

Answers

• edited December 2013 Answer ✓

I have tried to code in scala before and failed then I tried something simpler if you know how processing .java files looked I simply copied it I do not know about a scala mode but below works for me PS: this was done in eclipse much easier to add libraries

package test1
    import processing.core._
     class MainApp extends PApplet {

override def setup() {
            size(400,400)
            background(255)
        }

override def draw() {
            rect(0,0,30,30)
        }
    }

object test2{

def main(args: Array[String]){ 
       PApplet.main(Array("test1.MainApp"))

}
    }

• There was a Scala for Processing project, using sbt, at some point. Not sure if it is still living.

About mode template: have you searched the wiki (or the whole site, for what it is worth)?
    It is also always educational to see how other modes are made, you can extract a skeleton out of them. AFAIK, most of them, if not all, are open source.

• edited March 2014

So how do you make a mode? I've searched the internet high and low and there is no information. On the wiki there is how to create a library and how to create a tool but no how to create a mode. I really want to create a mode :/