Baffling segfault upon using Processing's video library

Running the first Capture example on my fully-updated MBA causes a segfault.

Running http://processing.org/reference/libraries/video/Capture.html causes the following immediate crash on a 2013 Macbook Air, OSX10.8.4, Java version 1.7.0_45-b18, Processing 2.1.

ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file: /Applications/Processing.app/Contents/Java/modes/java/libraries/video/library//macosx64/plugins/libgstfrei0r.so

Please either: - remove it and restart. - run with --gst-disable-segtrap --gst-disable-registry-fork and debug. Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and Help → Troubleshooting.

Everything seems to be fully updated on my end. I couldn't turn up anything on Google or on the forums for this issue. And I have several non-video sketches working just fine, so my setup seems generally healthy.

Stumped!

Answers

• edited March 2014

Me too, it segfaults when creating a Movie object. I tried removing the library (as per the error message), but that didn't work. I've opened an issue on Github

• So removing the library libgstfrei0r.so doesn't help... What error do you get after deleting it?

• Whoops, that was my error. Removing the libgstfrei0r.so file did fix it, I just forgot to put my video files in the data directory.