Where need to specify which SDK platform PDE should use for compiling app?

edited December 2013 in Android Mode

Hi everyone!

When I'm running apps, mine PDE (2.1) use API 10 platform for building app. How can I change to the another API level? For example to the API 16. I tried to specify minSdkVersion in the AndroidManifest.xml to value "16". This didn't help. Just gives me a warning in debug like - The minSdkVersion API level is greater than the platform API which is used for build.

Answers

• In the same place that you changed minSdk, change targetSdk to level 16. It is recommended to keep the minSdk attribute at level 10 to support the greatest number of devices possible with Processing.

• I did change both: minSdk and targetSdk. This doesn't solve my problem. BTW if you don't specify targetSdk it equals minSdk by default.

Here some out from console on moment of building up.

-build-setup:
    Using latest Build Tools: 18.1.1
         [echo] Resolving Build Target for sketch_131204a...
    Project Target:   Android 2.3.3
    API level:        10

I want to change here API level to the 16 for example. Changing minSdk doesn't solve the problem. It gives only warning that the minSdk level greater than level of the target project API.

So any suggestions?

• It gives only warning that the minSdk level greater than level of the target project API.

You said it yourself; The midSdk attribute is greater than the targetSdk attribute. I would recommend leaving the minSdk attribute alone and changing only the targetSdk attribute. In the log posted above, it clearly says that the targetSdk is still API level 10. Perhaps Processing has built-in functionality that resets these values at runtime, voiding any of your changes. I can't be sure, but this is what your attempts would suggest, given that you have done them correctly.

What exactly do you want to change these values for? Is there any practical reason? Most of the time, you only do this to support newer APIs or to make your project compatible with newer versions of Android and disable "compatibility mode" (from a native Android developer's standpoint). Either of these options suggest that you are a fairly advanced Android developer and should consider switching to Eclipse, seeing as the PDE is designed for relative beginners and thus gives you these kinds of problems when working with advanced parts of Android not designed to work in the PDE.