ERROR on updating any library through contributions manager

Whenever I try t update a library through the contributions manager, it simply tells me this:
Could not move contribution to backup folder.
Now what the is supposed to mean? Honestly, can't you guys at least tell where that "backup folder" is, because I searched fully and failed to find it anywhere inside the sketchbook.
All help appreciated.

Answers

• Answer ✓

I was looking for the backup folder as well as I am having the same issue. No luck though. However I got around this problem by removing the library and installing the latest version.

Kf

• @kfrajer I'll try that and let you know.

• edited August 2016

I had same problem. So I used the basic Android command line tools installer instead. Set up a global place for the Android SDK. Can add on Arduino Studio later, or use it in a Visual Studio app with the Arduino IDE too.

Messed up on the path though. Couldn't figure out the path. Had to monkey with it.

SDK path should be something like C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\sources\android-24 in my case.

You can adjust this in a text editor like notepad. Open up the preferences.txt file and right near the top should be a preference for android.sdk.path. I found the preference file in AppData\Roaming\Processing.

You should see the following three lines. Note that the version matches the source path.

android.sdk.name=7.0 android.sdk.path=C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\sources\android-24 android.sdk.version=24

• edited September 2016

@Webstractions Android? But I never used Android(at least on the latest version). Or am I missing something? Thanks!