locationManager declaration broke from Processing2 to Processing3 using Ketai

edited January 2017 in Android Mode

Hi- I had an app that ran under processing 2.0 / ketai library / gps that I cannot get to run under processing 3.0.

The troublesome declaration is

import android.context.context; import android.location.Location; import android.location.LocationManager; import android.location.LocationListener; import android.location.GpsStatus.Listener; import andorid.os.Bundle;

locationManager LocationManager;

the above line generates "the class "LocationManager" does not exist" in processing 3.0.
I suspect that the error is related to a need to declare a system service context but I do not seem to be able to declare such; every time I do something like locationManager = (locationManager) getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE); something wonky happens and the last declaration above the imports has a semicolon underlined and the message "missing a semicolon ";" "appears.

Any thoughts?

would prefer to bring app up to speed on processing 3.0 - I love the editor!

Thanks for suggestions in advance.

compiling for api 19 btw, and yes, android manifest has proper decs.

Thanks in advance

73 de Joe KI7WV

The processing environment was used to complete this app and post it on the Google Play - so yes it is possible! www.playacompass.com

Answers

• Answer ✓

DOH! Library changed significantly. Problem is mine, not processing. Thank you all Joe