French reference translation

Hello,

I'd like to begin a french translation of the reference documentation.

To be efficient, P5js reference documentaion (and for the librarys as well !) is maybe formated in some way ?

A json file ? xml ? anyway it'd be helpful if it'd be possible to have it on one computer and not only on internet.

Well, I know there's a project to have it with the editor so how is it goiing to be saved ?

of course, in html pages but, I suppose these pages are not written directly ?

:)

P.S. Sorry for my english :D

Answers

• I think they write the documentation directly in the source code and export HTML pages from this using a script... which probably won't support writing translated docs in the same way!

A request for offline docs did come up at the beginning of the year and I did start writing a scraping script; but got distracted by life :(|)

I'll have another look and see if I can get it finished off ;)

• So... It transpires that the easiest way to get a copy of the p5js docs is to use the same tool as used on the website: yuidoc.

With no configuration you get everything spat out into almost usable 'static' files. Opening these on the local file system works up to a point; though it looks like it relies on some AJAX requests in a couple of places; which breaks if your browser is security conscious...

Whether this is a reasonable place to start from to do some translation I'm not sure; but might be worth pursuing...