playing multiple videos when keys are pressed/alternating videos

edited March 2016 in Library Questions

Hi,

I am trying to use processing to show 6 videos in total. The screen is split into 3 even sections where when keys are pressed, 3 videos appear, then when additional keys are pressed another 3 videos appear but replace the 3 that were there.

The code below does work where the initial 3 appear and the following 3 do too but when I press the keys for the 1st 3 videos again, they seem to play behind the last ones that were played.

I am completely new to processing so not sure if I am doing this right...any help would be appreciated.

` // imports the video library import processing.video.*;

// These strings point to the path of the video on my computer String Video1 = "...path to video"; String Video2 = "...path to video"; String Video3 = "...path to video"; String Video4 = "...path to video"; String Video5 = "...path to video"; String Video6 = "...path to video";

// Class created for each video Movie mov1; Movie mov2; Movie mov3; Movie mov4; Movie mov5; Movie mov6;

void setup() {

// creates the size of the window size(1280, 720);

// creates the videos to be played in the window. It uses the classes created above and uses the path strings to direct to the video mov1 = new Movie(this, Video1); mov2 = new Movie(this, Video2); mov3 = new Movie(this, Video3); mov4 = new Movie(this, Video4); mov5 = new Movie(this, Video5); mov6 = new Movie(this, Video6); }

void draw() {

// these instructions size the videos to be viewed on screen. image(mov1, 0, 0, width/3, height); image(mov2, 427, 0, width/3, height); image(mov3, 854, 0, width/3, height); image(mov4, 0, 0, width/3, height); image(mov5, 427, 0, width/3, height); image(mov6, 854, 0, width/3, height);

}

void movieEvent(Movie m) {

m.read();

}

void keyPressed() {

if (key == 'a') { mov1.play(); mov1.volume(0); }

if (key == 's') { mov2.play(); mov2.volume(0); }

if (key == 'd') { mov3.play(); mov3.volume(0); }

if (key == 'f') { mov1.stop(); mov4.play(); mov4.volume(0); }

if (key == 'g') { mov2.stop(); mov5.play(); mov5.volume(0); }

if (key == 'h') { mov3.stop(); mov6.play(); mov6.volume(0); }

}`