Android - cannot run sketches

cv_cv_
edited February 2016 in Android Mode

Hey!

I have been trying to get android running in processing mode but no luck so far. I have been at it almost all day so I decided to cry for help.

I am using OS X, processing 3.02 and android 5.11

I followed the instruction here and here and never got it to work.

I ran the same code straight in my phone using APDE (app) and also managed to run apps using android studio. Just processing is not a go.

I get a "Error from inside the Android tools, check console" followed by a massive list of errors (see following), maybe is also worth mentioning that my device is not recognised by processing (nothing is listed under "Select Device").

Problem inside Devices.list() java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "adb": error=13, Permission denied at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485) at processing.app.exec.ProcessHelper.execute(ProcessHelper.java:84) at processing.app.exec.ProcessHelper.execute(ProcessHelper.java:64) at processing.mode.android.AndroidSDK.runADB(AndroidSDK.java:377) at processing.mode.android.Devices.list(Devices.java:271) at processing.mode.android.Devices.refresh(Devices.java:218) at processing.mode.android.Devices.findMultiple(Devices.java:163) at processing.mode.android.AndroidEditor$UpdateDeviceListTask.run(AndroidEditor.java:66) at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555) at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505) Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method) at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:248) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134) at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029) ... 11 more

Maybe someone here knows what might be wrong? Thank you for your help

Tagged:

Answers

• @_cv=== is your phone in debug mode???

• yes! I did activate USB debugging.

• @c_v=== in order to be sure about the phone && phone connection launch the monitor tool from the SDK; no need to start processing. You can see there wether your device is listed.

• Thank you for this. In the end whatever I did I couldn't make it run. I managed to make it work by copying an android mode folder straight from another computer into mine.

go figure....