Offline reference ?

Hello everyone !

I recently discovered p5.js and I really like the idea behind it.

My problem is I'm mainly using an offline computer for programming and I would like to know if and where I can find an offline reference for p5.js ( similar to what you have in the processing software under help/reference ).

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help =)

Answers

• You can go to the Github page and download the entire p5js website - including the reference - in a zip file. Assuming all links are relative you should be able to navigate it by opening the reference/index.html page in a browser...

• edited December 2015

Hello blindfish !

Your solution only allow me to display the main page text ( no page "style " or images , just raw text ) and links seem to be pointing to local files ( href="<?php echo getRoot(); ?>tutorials/" ). But clicking on them seem to fail to get to the actual page.

I'm not familiar with php at all but my guess would be I'm missing some php tool to get those files to work on their own.

EDIT : Note that I don't care at all about the page style and images, only the actual informations in reference is what matter.

• edited December 2015
  • Thanks Chrisir but this is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an offline p5.js reference.

Thanks anyway =)

• what is the link of what you want to have offline?

• This page and all the I don't know how to call it but let's say " sub pages " containing the different elements ( example )

I don't really need the "edit code" part to be working, only the actual description of each functions.

• Sorry. didn't realise they were dynamically generated pages: assumed that if someone went to the effort of pushing them to github they'd actually contain content, but they're all just template pages :/

You can get browser plugins that will scrape site contents recursively. That would get you the rendered content...

• I just managed to get a local copy of the reference running using wget; though I had to download data.json manually... and also had to open the index.html file on a local server as it seems the whole thing uses JS to render the content and that won't work locally :/

• Well I guess that wraps up my question, there's no easy to get offline reference aviable at the moment.

Maybe at some point they will implement it in the p5js software like they did for processing.

Thanks again for the help =)

• @blindfish

Can't you upload what you got as zip?

• @Chrisir: it's not that useful since you have to run it on a local server. I'll see if I can write a PhantomJS script that will scrape the rendered HTML; or alternatively look at a way to render data.json (which I believe contains all the reference content) into a single page...

• Not for me

• Btw I discovered Zeal ( which is the windows/linux port of Dash ) and it's exactly what I needed. It allows to store documentation/reference for any language you want and brows it very nicely.

I did find the documentation for Processing and some other but as you would expect p5.js ain't aviable :/