Sound library not installed properly

edited September 2015 in Library Questions

Hello, I have a problem with the sound library in Processing 3.0b5 on Ubuntu. When I tried using it, Processing gave me an error at the import line. I tried running some examples that come with the library but they give this error:

A library used by this sketch is not installed properly.

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -javaagent:/usr/share/java/jayatanaag.jar UnsatisfiedLinkError: processing.sound.MethClaInterface.busConstructMono()I A library relies on native code that's not available. Or only works properly when the sketch is run as a 32-bit application.

I've used the library before without any problems. I tried removing and installing the library, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

There is another option for playing sound than the sound library called the minim library. Import it by opening Processing, going to the Sketch tab, clicking import library, and then clicking minim (Note: many minim tutorials in processing need the sound library, but don't worry! The minim library's website has better documentation. Here's a link: http://code.compartmental.net/minim/).