SimpleOpenNI library not working

edited October 2015 in Kinect

Hi,

I recently got a hold of an old Xbox 360 Kinect that a friend of mine wasn't using anymore so I started to wonder what interesting things I could do with it, and that's how I heard about Kinect + Processing + Arduino. The thing is I can't get the SimpleOpenNI library to work on my computer.

I am running Processing 2.2.1+ OpenNi 2.2 + SimpleOpenNI 1.96 + Kinect SDK 1.8 on a Windows 8.1 64bit PC.

I install the library just like the google code page says and it installs correctly (or so it looks like), but whenever I try to Run the example code from the google code page I get the following error message:

Captura

I tried using different versions of processing, different versions of simpleopenni, different versions of openni, but ALWAYS get the same error message.

Has anyone here had such a problem? I would greatly appreciate any input on the subject.

Thanks in advance, Cesar

Answers

• I have this problem too and can't solve it for a long time... have you found a solution?

• try using processing 1.5 and report how it going... in my experience, the version of SimpleOpeni 1.96 works but don't let you export a functional application, but if you work with the 0.27 version, you will be able to export and make executables programs.

• same here man. I'm gonna travel to NY to look for answers

• Can you run the example sketches under File->Examples ... Contributed Libraries?

• windows 7, processing 1.5.1, java1.7, kinect Xbox360 everything works fine for me. As i have done that 3 years ago i dont remember exactly the process but i am sure that it is not straightforward, you have to manually copy some folder. If you are interested i can have a look at that asap. Exporting the app is possible but with a weird workaround also. If i remember you have to modify yourself the jar. What i am sure is that the exported app is not really a standalone because it uses absolutepath towards library on the computer. Not found anyway to change that till now...

• Hmmm... have you tried installing the 1.54 boost libraries?

• @mcWolfB=== dont remember, i ll tell you that tomorrow after having given a look to the app.