Processing not working when Wifi is active ...

Bonjour,

Today I used my macbook air (OSX 10.8.5) at my lab and processing was launching on the dock but nothing was happening. Sometimes it was opening after 20 minutes but impossible to run a sketch… the only console message was : no information back from LS about running process

So after a lot of forum researches and a lot of inefficient solutions :( I found this one: http://forum.processing.org/one/topic/processing-file-doesn-t-run-in-mac-os-x-10-6-8#25080000002197575.html

which is mentioning internet access. So I turned my WIFI off and … IT'S WORKING!!! Thanks PhiLo !!!!!

At home I have no issues when using with the wifi and the only difference between my home's and the lab's wifi is the utilisation of a proxy. This sounds totally insane for me.

Is it a bug of processing? Can someone solve it?

this topic is not urgent at all since I don't really care about turning my wifi off while using processing, but it might be worth solving this bug and might be connected to others issues.

Regards,

Answers

• Answer ✓

FYI, I just fix this issue by unchecking some proxies box on the network setting...