PointOctree with Toxilibs

edited March 2016 in Library Questions

Hello everyone, I am using an Octree by Toxilibs. I need an Octree that is divided from the start in 3 cubes on the X axis, 2 cubes on the Y axis and 3 cubes on the 2 axis. I would like that this Octree structure is on the start, after add points inside. For do it I did a For cicle that create different Octrees in any axis, because i don t know how to divide the first cube from the start, but it look little be heavy. It would be nice create this structure in the start in a signle Octree. Is it possible?

And looking on the reference is not easy understand all the option for the PointOctree class, and how use it.

I hope someone can help me, Thanx.

Tagged:

Answers

• none know it? or is scarce the community ? %-(

• edited April 2015

Hello ! I never used Toxilib so I don't know....

But I already created an octree-class (I called it quadtree in 3D , but it is what you want)

http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/comment/25315/#Comment_25172

I hope it will help you a bit

• And I already wrote you an octree. It's up to you if you want to extend it!

• Thank you guys!!

@tlecoz nice code, is little be hard coded, i will study it.

@TfGuy44 i saw your code, but i find some difficult to control it, and I asked some new info in that post. In the same time i tried Toxilibs PointOctree Class and I am studing it too, in fact this post refer to Toxilibs and is not the same question to the other post.

I am trying to find a way for my idea, and I am studing and working on it, but still I can not find a solution to my problem, for this reason I am asking if someone know better than me octrees or this library.

if i want create as a base an octree composed by

• 4 cubes on the X,
    • 2 cubes on the y
    • 3 on the z

and after in this structure create leaves on the position of particles i insert inside, how can i do it in easy way and performance?

I tried created different octrees (as arraylist) in different position but it look little be heavy as performance.

octree

Another option that i am doing is create just one octree divided in same number cube in x,y,z but as root, not leaves. It is very hard.

Another problem is that i can not control a point inside the octree and move it changing in the same time the structure of the cubes octree depending form the position of the point. I can move the point, but in the same time all octree is moving, or i can move the point and the cube of the leave, but the rest is static. I would like instead move that point and from is position the octree structure should change.

In the end I would like to control every vertex position of any cube based on an input, in that I am near the solution

Between I am studing, but that doesn't mean I can not ask help to a community that use processing as me, that maybe is engeneering and not only visual artist as me, or is the inventor of the library.

Thank you, Dam