We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Strange bug on Snow Leopard + Java 1.6
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Strange bug on Snow Leopard + Java 1.6 (Read 2416 times)
Strange bug on Snow Leopard + Java 1.6
May 30th, 2010, 1:45pm

I might be wrong but,

Since my very last update to Java 1.6, processing has been returning me the following error code (running any sketch, even running a blank project) :

Code:
2010-05-30 22:27:51.768 java[15285:170f] *** Assertion failure in -[CocoaAppWindow _changeJustMain], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1038.29/AppKit.subproj/NSWindow.m:9470
2010-05-30 22:27:51.771 java[15285:170f] *** CPerformer: ignoring exception 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: [self canBecomeMainWindow]' raised during perform of selector 'requestFocus:' on target 'FocusManager' with args '<AWTComponentSetFocusData: 0x25c674e0>'

Somehow, computer says 'no'…

I double checked my java version by using the following :

Code:
public static boolean isJava15OrBetter() {
   String javaVersion = System.getProperty("java.version");
   println(javaVersion);
   String[] fragments = javaVersion.split("\\.");

// sanity check the "1." part of the version
   if (!fragments[0].equals("1")) return false;
   if (fragments.length < 2) return false;

// check if Java 1.5.x or higher
   try {
       int minorVers = Integer.parseInt(fragments[1]);
       if (minorVers >= 5) return true;
   } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
       // was not an integer
   }

return false;
}

void setup(){
 println(isJava15OrBetter());
}

And it returns me 1.6.0_20 and true (since 1.6 is "better" then 1.5)

I read the previous thread warning not to instal the Java 1.5 update but Processing  was working just fine…

It still works fine and still displays graphics and does the math correctly, it's just that I don't know what is this and that it might interest one of you (or it might be something really bad but I don't see it)…

So, here I am, making this bug report…

I hope it's nothing too serious… Doctor?

Thanks for the help and cheers,

Benoit
Re: Strange bug on Snow Leopard + Java 1.6
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2010, 11:50pm

If you search the forum with this error, you will find at least two threads with the same problem, it seems related to a recent update of Java on Macs. I haven't seen a solution yet...
Re: Strange bug on Snow Leopard + Java 1.6
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2010, 11:40am

See Bug 1564

http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=1564
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1