We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Export problems: Exception in Animation Thread
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Export problems: Exception in Animation Thread (Read 2667 times)
Export problems: Exception in Animation Thread
Apr 28th, 2010, 11:18pm

Not sure if this is the right forum category but I can't run my app which you can see at http://md9.ca/testing/applet/.

It has this error:

Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/opengl/glu/GLUtessellatorCallback
     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
     at processing.core.PApplet.makeGraphics(Unknown Source)
     at processing.core.PApplet.size(Unknown Source)
     at processing.core.PApplet.size(Unknown Source)
     at mutantCA.setup(mutantCA.java:43)
     at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(Unknown Source)
     at processing.core.PApplet.run(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.media.opengl.glu.GLUtessellatorCallback
     at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
     ... 11 more

I got a simpler applet running fine. This one uses codeanticode.glgraphics for GPU processing and it loads some bitmaps. That's about the only special things I can think of.
Re: Export problems: Exception in Animation Thread
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2010, 6:37am

Try import javax.media.opengl.*; instead of javax.media.opengl.GL;

More information about this is in the advanced section of the openGL reference: http://processing.org/reference/libraries/opengl/index.html

though it comes with the following caveats:
1. I'm not so familiar with OpenGL, and it may not help at all.

2. In accordance with the documentation: If you want to have direct access to JOGL you should be doing it with a good IDE and if you insist on using the PDE you may get weird errors that confuse people on the internet. Smiley
Re: Export problems: Exception in Animation Thread
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2010, 9:30pm

The problem is that I am using the GLGraphics renderer.

Code:
size(598 , 630, GLConstants.GLGRAPHICS); 

If I switch to OPENGL it loads fine, and appears to be running except that it doesn't display correctly. All I see is a frame counter that I set up. Is this likely something that I can fix or is it a problem with GLGRAPHICS? That would be ideal if I could fix that, otherwise I can probably modify my code to use OPENGL but it might take a huge performance hit...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1