We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Create a new Window
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Create a new Window (Read 1883 times)
Create a new Window
Apr 23rd, 2010, 7:44am

Hi

I want to make a programm (.exe) which one can open a new Window which can be used like a normal window.

I was thinking in something with the PGraphics but i don't know how Ican do it that it isn't invisible.

Thanks for help.
Re: Create a new Window
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2010, 1:48am

I don't believe thats something that you can from native processing. Its worth it to just design your program around the single window or else you will fall down into the rabbit hole of learning to program.

If you want to create an .exe of your program go to

File
  |--------> Export Application

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2010, 10:57am

Perhaps someone knows an easy to use Library where you must put somthing at the beginning of the command.

Example:
otherwindow.line(50, 50, 10, 10);
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2010, 10:53pm

Ranking wrote on Apr 25th, 2010, 10:57am:
Perhaps someone knows an easy to use Library where you must put somthing at the beginning of the command.

Example:
otherwindow.line(50, 50, 10, 10);

I have the same question, and would appreciate an answer from someone knowledgeable.
Thanks,
Tony
Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2010, 3:16am

As far as I know there's no library that will let you have 2 windows and draw into them like that.

It is theoretically possible, but no one's written a nice easy library to do it that I've seen.
Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2010, 7:50am

hi, have a look at this ExtraWindowExample (comes without comments though), adopted it from controlP5's ControlWindow. just copy/paste into a new processing sketch. if its helpful, i will bundle it into a library. let me know.
Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2010, 2:07pm

Thats cool thank you.
Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2010, 2:28pm

Shocked
That an extrem good code,
but I don't understand it. Undecided

It would be really nice if someone could make a Library out of it.
I want to use it for my MPlayer because I need a window to show the Plailist.

That Code is written in Java right?
My teacher in school said to me that with java you can make more windows, too.

Can you explain me what I must change so that I can resize it and the window whisch is used changes too?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1