We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › very high resolution rendering
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
very high resolution rendering (Read 2013 times)
very high resolution rendering
Apr 14th, 2010, 9:23am

my name is Patrick Mimran , i started to use processing a while ago and i am looking for a person who could develop for me
a feature i would like to see implemented within processing .

I would like to have the possibility to render at very high resolution , sketches originally written with a low res , like 400 by 400 pixels which could be
once created and ready  rendered at a resolution of 10 000 by 10000 pixels on disk in tiff or pict format  .
Not only with vector which is easy but with pixels .

I would like to have the same option when working with imported images of big resolution .

I have now five  quesitons ?

Is it possible to implement this options ?

how much time it would take ?

Do you have the time to do it for me ?

How much money you would ask me to work on this project ?

If you are not interested or have no time could you suggest somebody you know who could work on it for me ?

you can email me at patrick@mimran.com

Thanks

Patrick Mimran
Re: very high resolution rendering
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2010, 3:06pm

There used to be a library called TileSaver that would help you do this, though I believe it's currently broken. See this thread for info and possible solutions: http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/?num=1248245155
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2010, 2:56am

If I understood correctly, TileSaver doesn't solve the memory issue, it has to stitch images in memory before saving to disk. It is useful only for OpenGL, unable to handle off-screen graphics, bigger than screen.

One issue I see is to find a graphical format allowing incremental updates. It has to be without compression. Perhaps a RAW format?
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2010, 4:52am

You made a duplicate thread on the same topic (that and your first message asking the same thing). I removed it. Avoid duplicate topics, it only disperse efforts and dilute information.

BTW, you can theoretically compute such rendering already, you just have to allocate enough memory, I think. Running with 64bit Java (on 64bit system) might help too.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1