We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › using processing in java without a window
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
using processing in java without a window (Read 699 times)
using processing in java without a window
Apr 14th, 2010, 8:35am

hi
im looking for a library that helps me getting a picture of a webcam in my program. i dont want to show it, the program will have no ui.

so is it possible to use processing without a PApplet?

the basic idea is to use processing to get imagedata and then pass it through the program.

thanks for any input, you are very kind.
Re: using processing in java without a window
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2010, 8:39am

You don't need Processing to do this job. The library in Processing probably uses a Java library, so go directly at the original. If code was written from scratch, you can probably find similar libraries for Java.

And, no, you can't run Processing without making a PApplet, it is central to it.
Re: using processing in java without a window
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2010, 5:13am

ok thanks.
processing was the best library in this regards so i thought i can use it. then i will find other ones.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1